[dropcap]T[/dropcap]estosterone levels are of crucial importance for both high libido and sexual stamina. Recent research suggests that men with low testosterone levels are at an increased risk for developing diabetes, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease. In addition to the obvious symptoms of sexual dysfunction associated with low testosterone levels.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone Levels:
- Testosterone is the match that lights the fire behind a man’s sex drive; low testosterone levels equal less interest in sexual activity. Dr. Abraham Morgentaler, associate clinical professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and the author of “Testosterone for Life states “”Testosterone is what’s responsible for ‘the grrr factor,” Men have different perspectives of desired frequently of sexual intercourse. Yet, Dr. Morgentaler describes the effect of low testosterone on male sex drive as resulting in a state where interest in sex is “completely absent.”
- Erections occur though the body’s release of an important molecule called nitric oxide; the production of nitric oxide is triggered by the hormone called testosterone. Low testosterone decreases necessary production of nitric oxide and results in impotence and erections lacking sufficient firmness for sexual intercourse.
Low Fluid Level
- The male body requires three separate functions to work together in order to produce the fluids released during ejaculation: prostate, seminal vesicles and the testicles. These three parts all need sufficient levels of testosterone to produce an averages fluid volume of 1.5 to 5 cubic centimeters during ejaculation. Significant decline in fluid during ejaculation is a clear sign of low testosterone levels.
- A common symptom reported be men suffering from low testosterone levels is genital numbness. The area surrounding the genitals is not completely numb yet lacks any pleasurable sensation upon touch or any sexual activity.
Mood Problems and Irritability
- Low testosterone levels are linked to both anxiety and clinical depression and typically cause men to feel down and less optimistic in addition to irritability. “A guy might say he’s fine,” explains Dr. Morgentaler, yet everyone around him notices a major shift in both mood and irritability.
Reduced Muscle Mass
- Low testosterone can actually cause noticeable shrinkage in the chest in addition to arm and leg muscles. It also becomes more difficult to lift weights and difficult to build muscle mass. Low testosterone also causes increased body fat.
Thankfully low testosterone is a medical condition which can easily be treated with testosterone skin gels or natural male enhancement supplements. Treatment can help resolve both male sexual performance problems and protect against several serious medical problems such as diabetes, osteoporosis, and cardiovascular disease.